Environmental Compliance & Engineering
MES is a strong partner for your environmental compliance, regulatory responsibility, and engineering needs. We provide the guidance, management, and planning necessary to make your next project a success. Our goal is to allow you to concentrate on your core business as much as possible during this process.
We provide complete environmental management, compliance, and engineering services cognizant of the ever-changing regulatory landscape that match your needs, whether corporate or site-specific. Ensuring your business meets the proper regulations and standards is our number one priority. Whether a new build or enhancing a current fueling facility our team brings the full spectrum of tools and knowledge needed. There are many legal requirements when engineering a site so that it falls in line with all federal, state, county, city, and town regulations.
Before, during, and after engineering your facility, ensuring your site meets all the required compliance standards and regulation is critical. If your current site is not compliant we will develop a plan that enables you to get back in business. Our compliance department covers a wide range of services including multiple types of testing, analysis, reporting, investigation, and support. If you’re in need of any of the compliance services below we urge you to call the experts at MES.
MES can provide both civil and environmental engineering services including but not limiting to: Supervision and Technical Performance of Environmental Assessments and Investigations, Environmental Compliance Audits, Storm Water Management, Aboveground and Underground Storage Tank Management and Replacement, and Tank Closure Assessment.
Environmental Compliance Services
- Environmental Compliance, Audits and Documentation
- Full Service Compliance Testing
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) and Aboveground Storage Tank (AST) Compliance, Audits, Documentation, Management, Design, Permitting, Construction, Rehab, Cleaning, Removal, Assessment, and Functionality Testing
- AB Operator Responsibilities and/or Training
UST & AST
- Removal and Replacement
- Compliance and Deadline Reports
- Permitting Services: Registration, Closure, Abandonment, Substantial Modification, Etc.
- Complete Permitting Services
- Compliance Documentation
- Compliance Audits
- SARA Filings
- Incident Reporting
- Notice of Violation (NOV) Resolution
- Site & Remedial Investigation Reporting
- Remedial Action Work Plans
- Closure and Non-Closure Monitoring and Reporting
- Hazardous Waste Manifesting
- PBS Registration Engineering
- Conducting Environmental Compliance Audits to Assess Regulatory Code Conformance Pertaining To Petroleum and Chemical Storage/Fueling Systems
- Preparing Work Plans and Implementing Spill or Storage Tank Release Investigations and Development/Implementation of Remedial Action to Obtain Regulatory Documentation
- Preparing and updating NYSDEC PBS Registration Documentation
- Conducting Underground Tank Closure Assessments in Conformance with NYS Part 613 and EPA 40 CFR Part 280 Guidelines
- Conducting Underground Injection Well Closure Assessments in Compliance with US EPA and County Requirements
- Preparing NYC Department of Buildings, FDNY, and Counties’ Permit Attainment Drawings and Specifications for Storage Tank/Heating/Fueling System Installations/Replacements and/or Upgrades
- Preparing Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures Plans (SPCC Plans) in Conformance with Federal Requirements
- Conducting Vapor Intrusion Investigations and Preparing Mitigation Design Following NYSDEC, NYSDOH and ASTM Guidelines
- Preparing Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments in Conformance with Current ASTM Guidelines for Property Transaction
- Preparing NYSDEC Chemical Bulk Storage Compliance Attainment Drawings and Specifications for Chemical Storage Tank Installation/Replacements and/or Upgrades